Schools and Academies are required by OFSTED to publish information to parents on Pupil Premium specifically with regards to the following:
● An update of the impact of funding with any data from the academic year.
● Reasons and evidence for allocation of spending by identifying the main barriers; how the funding will be used to address the barriers and the reasons for those approaches. The strategy should identify the intended impact and a date for a review of the school’s strategy.
For further information on Pupil Premium see
At Silver End Academy we believe that Pupil Progress and Attainment is not limited to a
child’s background and we aim to improve the life chances of disadvantaged pupils by:
- The whole school striving to raise the attainment of disadvantaged pupils as a matter of urgency and a key school Priority.
- Ensuring equal access and opportunities including improving school attendance.
- Maximising the learning of all pupils but especially those who are more vulnerable learners/ disadvantaged in some way.
- Tackling disadvantage- this is a common thread that runs throughout the whole school
- Clearer identification systems and addressing the needs of pupils as soon as they arise
- Promoting a culture of early, focused, precise, time-limited intervention when necessary
- Ensuring the impact of intervention is reviewed in terms of its impact and adjusted to meet the needs of pupils
- Using a structured and tiered approach to tackling underachievement: