If you would like your child to attend our school, please see full details of our admission arrangements below.
Admissions Arrangements- Silver End Academy
In the event of more applications being received than there are places available, the Governors will consider applications according to the following criteria:
1. Looked After Children and Pupils with an EHCP.
2. Children from within the catchment area who have brothers or sisters in the school at the time of their admission.
3. Other children within the catchment area, giving priority to those for whom access to an alternative school with space available is the most problematic.
4. Children from outside the catchment area who have brothers or sisters in the school at the time of their admission, giving priority to those children with the youngest siblings.
5. Children from outside the catchment area with exceptional social, medical or educational needs.
6. Other children from outside the catchment area, giving priority to those who live closest to the school, measured by the nearest available walking route.
Parents will appreciate that if the School is over-subscribed it will not always be possible to offer a place. If your child is not offered a place at Silver End Academy you have the right of appeal to the Admission Appeals Committee of the Governing Body. The appeal should be made in writing to the Clerk to the Governors, stating the grounds of the appeal, within ten working days of receipt of notification that no place is available for your child; the appeal will be heard as soon as possible thereafter.
Click here for more information.